Members and their colleagues are cordially invited to join the Cascadia Chapter of NIGP (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing) for the following event and AGM.
Transformation Projects in the Provincial Government
Join us as Brooke Hayes, Executive Director, Strategic Business and Procurement Transformation with Shared Services BC, discusses exciting projects that are underway as part of a procurement transformation initiative in the Province of British Columbia including:
- Improvements to BC Bid – also known as the Source to Contract project;
- Supplier management and business intelligence tools;
- Vendor and Ministry Outreach – for initiatives such as the Short-form Request for Proposals (SRFP), the Short-form General Services Agreement (SGSA), Innovative Goods and Services, etc.;
- BC Bid Resources – plain language online resources for public sector procurement;
- Contract Award Summaries and Advance Notice of Future Contract Opportunities;
- Short-form General Services Agreement; and
- New approach to welcome innovative ideas from the marketplace.
Tuesday, June 16, 2014, from 5:00 to 7:15 PM
5:00 to 5:30 Meet and greet (Interact with other Purchasing professionals)
5:30 to 5:45 AGM meeting
5:45 to 6:30 Presentation – Transformation Projects in the Provincial Government
6:45 to 7:00 Questions and answers
7:00 to 7:15 Details of upcoming course offerings and events
A copy of the detailed agenda is available here.
A copy of the minutes of last year’s AGM is available here.
Sticky Wicket Pub, Maple Room
919 Douglas Street
No cost to attend. A selection of appetizers will be provided. Members and guests will be responsible for other food items ordered from the menu and their own drinks.
RSVP by clicking the following link Communications@nigp-cascadia.org
Please come and support this NIGP event!