Since 1944, National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) has been developing, supporting and promoting public procurement practitioners through premier educational and research programs, technical services and advocacy initiatives.
With over 2,600 member agencies representing over 16,000 professionals across the United States, Canada and countries outside of North America, the NIGP is international in its reach.
The Cascadia Chapter is a member of the NIGP and represents public procurement practitioners from the Province of British Columbia. The objectives of the Cascadia Chapter are:
- To provide a comprehensive public sector procurement education program, professional development and Public Procurement Professional Certifications;
- To establish cooperative relationships among its members for the development of efficient procurement methods and practices in the field of governmental, educational, and public institutional procurement;
- To ensure that there will be an adequate supply of professionally trained public procurement practitioners to replace the aging population;
- To encourage maintenance of ethical standards in purchasing and selling;
- To promote uniform public procurement laws and simplified standards and specifications;
- To collect and disseminate useful information for its members;
- To promote the interchange of ideas and experiences with the procurement profession;
- To encourage research and investigation as to sponsor such activities as may be useful in providing its members with knowledge for efficient procurement; and,
- To strive by all legitimate means to advance the procurement profession.
Board of Directors
Tanyann Belaney, President
Liz Lowe, CPPB, Vice-President
Liz Lowe has been a procurement professional in the B.C. provincial government for 10 years, currently as the Manager of Procurement Advisory Services for the Purchasing Services Branch. She has a CPPB designation with the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), and has been a Chapter Board member since 2007. Liz has facilitated many workshops on RFPs, for both government staff and vendors, and is in the process of becoming an instructor for NIGP.
Bonnie Fraser, Treasurer
Bonnie Fraser has been a procurement professional in the private and public sectors for over 20 years, currently as the Purchasing Officer for the Greater Victoria Public Library. She has a Certificate in Purchasing with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada, Business Administration Diploma and Certificate in Project Management and has been a Chapter Board member since 2009. Bonnie is currently working on her Certificate in Leadership Development.
Jacoba Corrigal, Treasurer
Communications: Kai Robinson, Chair
Membership: Kai Robinson, Chair
Constitution and Bylaws
Click here for the most recent, amended version of the Cascadia Chapter constitution and bylaws (PDF).
Minutes and Agendas
Click here to contact us.